Viator

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Delta Airlines StandBy Service

(This is my personal account on what occured.)
My Friday and Saturday was spent impatiently starring at the standby list, hoping my name will appear on the cleared list..What I did not know was that I was going to be waiting a very long time.
I analyzed how the ticket agents placed other Delta employees and agents directly to the cleared list and moved paying customers with confirmed seats and others with buddy passes to the end of the standby list. After a full day of this unprofessionalism, I asked an agent why a Delta employee who was not on the standby list or the cleared list was allowed to board before the customers who have been waiting for several hours- her response was that she was a Delta employee and she had and will always have priority over other customers.
Interesting fact to know!
So the fact of me trying to fly out to Orlando to be with my family, and waiting 24 hours, watching other Delta employees board the same flight while the agent is announcing that the flight was overbooked- that has no priority.
I watched a family of three stranded and forced to wait until the following morning for the next available flight, due to this selfish way that Delta conducts its boarding process.
This manor of favoritism was not the act of just one ticket agent, but all!
Need I remind you I was at the airport from 8:00 AM Friday until 9:30 PM Saturday-
a total of 36 hours. I still did not clear. I am still waiting to go home...
I have always used Delta to travel, and never had any complaints..
But this ordeal which I have experienced is incredible. I give Delta Airlines a big thumbs down on there customer service and standby procedures.

No comments: